Sunday 21 January 2018

The Pillars of the Kings


Although the Argonath only appears on screen for a few seconds in the movie, I remember how it captured my imagination when I first read the book so many years ago. So when I decided to tackle a big LEGO sculpture it was a natural first choice.

I've previously posed earlier revisions of the statues here as my work in progress continued, But now I finally have the pair modeled to my satisfaction, complete with mini-figures (only had to wait 40 years for TLG to make those for me...)

The statues aren't really to the scale depicted in the movie (they're about half that by min-figure standards) but they're big enough to get the idea across that these things are artifacts of Numenor.


The boats are brick built because the shape of the rowboats I have (from an old Hogwarts set) just didn't seem right.

The statutes themselves stand about two feet (~61 cm) tall. I have the official Statue of Liberty model and they look pretty good in that company.
back to lego

The Pillars of the Kings
4/ 5
Oleh

Berlangganan

Suka dengan artikel di atas? Silakan berlangganan gratis via email